We’ll buy it back.
Send us your used Patagonia clothing and gear, and we’ll help pass it along to the next person who needs it. If your items are eligible, you can receive up to 50% of the resale price through credit to use in store or online at Patagonia or Worn Wear. If your gear isn’t accepted, we can return it to you or recycle it so it stays out of the landfill.
Still Have Questions?
Can I trade in any type of Patagonia product?
Almost, but not everything. No swimwear, underwear, bras, performance base layers (Capilene® and merino), embroidered items, shoes, wading boots, T-shirts, shorts with liners (Baggies OK!), activewear bottoms and tops, ski patrol jackets, accessories (hats, scarves, beanies, gloves, socks), waders, wetsuits, sleeping bags or factory seconds.
What condition do my items need to be in to be accepted for trade-in?
We want your used gear—not your dirty laundry. Please inspect your garments for damage (checklist below), remove anything in pockets, and clean your pieces before trading them in. This makes it easier for our team to process your trade-in and get your gear back in play as quickly as possible! If your gear isn't accepted, we can return it to you or recycle it so it stays out of the landfill.
We are unable to accept items in the following conditions:
Damaged: Items with heavy or excessive visible issues are ineligible. Examples include but are not limited to:
- Holes, broken zippers, delamination, material “bubbling,” heavy debris, heavy scuffs, heavy scratches, heavy fading, or if the item is singed (lightly burned)
- Fleece items that are pilling (when knitted fabric forms small balls or fluff on the surface of the garment) or have heavy matting
- A down item with significant down loss or insulation that’s too compressed
- Tenacious tape that’s peeling or placed over garment seams. Please note we’re unable to accept items that have more than 2 patches. (Can it be repaired, instead of traded in? Here’s how to apply T-Tape.)
- If an item shows heavy discoloration, or the color of the garment is severely sun faded it may not be eligible.
Excessive pet hair: We love furry companions but please remove their hair/fur prior to trading in your garments.
Customized: For now, items altered for a custom fit or have embroidery/corporate logos can’t be accepted. We hope to change this in the future, so please stay tuned.
Incomplete: Items missing essential components (i.e. detachable hood, powder skirt, backpack straps, etc.)
Note: Items must have both the size and care tag with product details attached to be accepted. (The care tag is the sewn-in white label with material and care instructions.)
Will I get a credit for everything I send in?
Your exact store credit will be determined after we receive and inspect each item.
For estimated trade-in values, see our FAQs.